3.28.2021

Lalisa Manoban Dog Police nobody knows Memphis' Strangest Video ... until now! PLUS MY MOST LOVED RETWEET COMMENT BY BLONDIE TWEET-ADDICT CHRIS STEIN

File:Signature of Lisa.svg 
Lalisa Manoban (Thai: ลลิษา มโนบาล; born Pranpriya Manoban (Thai: ปราณปรียา มโนบาล); March 27, 1997), better known by the mononym Lisa (Hangul: 리사), is a Thai rapper, singer, and dancer based in South Korea. She is a member of the South Korean girl group Blackpink under YG Entertainment.
  • A member of South Korean pop group Blackpink and the first foreign artist to work with the country legendary YG Entertainment group, she is one of Thailand most popular celebrities on social media, with 20m Instagram followers.
  • THAT DOG CHICK WAS HOT AM I RITE GUYS?

    no, you are, in fact, quite wrong, my friend. she was a cat.

 

 

 

HRH Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, Princess of Thailand [(Thai: มหาจักรีสิรินธร; b. April 2, 1955) (*Nickname: Phra Thep - trans. 'Princess Angel')] & Lalisa Manoban, Thai rapper, singer, dancer [(Thai: ลลิษา มโนบาล; b, March 27, 1997) (Nickname - mononym, Lalisa)] PLUS Patricia Pérez "MI Amor de Eloy" *HS1D

 

rapper, singer, model, dancer, Lalisa, better known by her stage name Lisa, is currently the most famous pop star

Dog Police


  • Tony Thomas
  • Tom Leanardo
  • Sam Shoup

Nobody knows who you are...until now

 

Dog Police 1-800


  • I  followed • @dougmeet for @Instagram                                                                                                                                                        and all I got w      a             s this lifestyle upgrade and sudden windfall and bizarre, attractive,  preternatural, charm-appealing
    je ne c’est qu’oiselet que tout les opposé / exactement 🧐 genders / cats 🐈 / 🐕 / 👮‍♂️/ 👨‍🚒 / 👶 / (attention-enfants!
    C’est «🕳» LA! 🕳

I finally became friends with the leader of the Dog Police.

Met him, interviewed him.

The video I uploaded has long since been taken down, but it became my most popular Video

I ever posted at the time...

Thanks, Sam Shoup for your cooperation and kind words....

WHAT THEY'RE SAYING ABOUT DOG POLICE

In 1985, at Memphis studio 485 Hollywood Memphis

Dog Police recorded an hilarious song, then video, showcasing their canine-teeth approach to Memphis music.

AKA  The Tony Thomas Trio

 



Dog Police Comments and info
  • I thought this clip was lost for eternity. I'm forever grateful and thank you for this gem.

  • Sam Shoup puppy is from Memphis, Tennessee. the old Shoe Productions. I was there!

    #dogpolice Dog Police
    #nobodyknowswhoyouare ...until now

    SEE EVERYTHING ON DOG POLICE ON MY TWITTER!

     

    #funnydogsofinstagram #memphisband @mtv #dogcelebrities



    thanks @creators (I’ll attribute the great music 🎶 collaboration in a sec)

    dougmeet's profile picture

    Here’s the mixologist.

    🔥

  • this is indeterminately from Memphis.

  • some of this band can still be seen in Memphis playing locally, the lead singer is actually a drummer... but i still think this video is awesome but I'm bias cause I'm known the singer my whole life!

  • THAT'S RIGHT, IT IS A MEMPHIS TWANG!!

  • Please give Memphis and these Memphis boys credit. Anyone that lives and plays music knows how little of that we do get!


    Shoe Productions 485 Hollywood, Memphis.

  • These guys were crazy so we signed them and did the video.


    We also did Disco Duck (Rick Dees)

  • Musicians that hung out:

  • Duck Dunn, Willie Hall & Steve Cropper (Blues Brothers).
    They were Booker T and the MG's-played/co-written, "Mustang Sally", "Hold on I'm Coming" and 100's of hits in the 60/70's.



  • Also: Lou Rawls, Dr, John, Paul Butterfield, Jimmy Griffin (Bread) & many more.

  • I have loving memories of those days at Shoe in Memphis.


So was that William H Macy on the keyboard and vocorder?



Never heard of William Macy.

Tony Thomas was on keyboard - Sam Shoup on Bass and Tom Lonardo sang and also plays just about everything.Again - from Memphis, TN


Recorded for Shoe Productions at Shoe Studios in about 1982-83.


There actually is an entire album of satirical songs called simply "Dog Police".


I still have an unopened 33 rpm. Thanks for responding so fast.


OH the days of the small studio before I thought I would make a career of this insanity loll. Duke Street, Vancouver, Canada was my Shoe Productions.

HOLY SHIT. Thank you. I only half-remembered ever seeing this ONCE, and I never found ANY information on it anywhere, so I'd started to convince myself I'd imagined it and it never really existed.


Thank you for this! Although it's creepier than I remember it.


I've been trying to explain this video to people for about 1,000 years. Thank you for confirming the fact that my brain did not make this song and video up.

The keyboard player looks like William H. Macy.



My god. It's like Hurra Torpedo, Devo and Blue Öyster Cult got together for a side project.



THIS is my YouTube account. We all know that furriers are flapping it to the dog-girl in this video.


HOLY CRAP!! I have not seen this video since 198-freakin'-4!


I actually came to think that I had just imagined the whole thing.




Thank you for providing me with proof that I was not nearly as deranged as I thought I was! i just shat myself in fear I remember "1 800" also.
I thought I was the only one in the world who remembered this video?


it took 2nd place behind RAIL in the MTV Video Contest back in like 1982?
February 14, 201HRH Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, Princess of Thailand [(Thai: มหาจักรีสิรินธร; b. April 2, 1955) (*Nickname: Phra Thep - trans. 'Princess Angel')] & Lalisa Manoban, Thai rapper, singer, dancer [(Thai: ลลิษา มโนบาล; b, March 27, 1997) (Nickname - mononym, Lalisa)] PLUS Patricia Pérez "MI Amor de Eloy" *HS1D File:Signature of Lisa.svg

“What would I do If I won? My vision was that I would just get up there with a sledgehammer and I wouldn’t say anything, I would take the Grammy and smash it into enough pieces to share and I would invite all the ladies up.”

I’m waiting to hear more about what Deborah Dugan [former Recording Academy president] has to say [about the culture at the Recording Academy] because that all reeks to me. When you hire somebody and they raise questions and then they get fired?

There’s a lot of things that she brought up that make it so that I can’t vet that situation and I don’t really wanna go there and support it.

Elsewhere, Apple discussed her Best Rock Performance nomination, where she’ll face off against all-female-fronted acts.

“I immediately had this feeling: I wish I was in a room with these ladies and we could celebrate. I felt really nice for a second,” she said, later adding:

My second thought was I wonder if I can get all these ladies to boycott this shit because of Dr Luke.

THAT DOG CHICK WAS HOT AM I RITE GUYS?

no, you are, in fact, quite wrong, my friend. she was a cat.

Digney Fignus won.

His video is posted on YouTube. Just search for his name and you'll find,

  • The Girl With the Curious Hand




It makes me remind La Máquina del Rock in Lima city, Perú.
Thanks! i do member this.. but i still don't get it i do like the drug fragrance though they said they were the ART BARF FAR ARR

This was the video that SHOULD have won the "MTV's Basement Tapes" contest back in about 1982.
It is so crazy and imaginative! Instead, some heavy metal group made up of 10 year olds won. GAG... how "cute." It was such a rip-off. This video is a classic! But it came in second place. That has made me mad for all these years. Hopefully these artists have had success elsewhere.




The band was honestly called: "The Dog Police!" The band they lost to was called Trak. I remember them because they were featured in LIFE magazine's edition on teenagers in 1984.




Google them and the name Derita, because Trak was like a Leif Garrett butt-gawk Partridge Family.




I can't find a thing on them. Digney Fignus and Guadalcanal Diary also had entries that year. Dog Police was ROBBED, I tells ya. I totally agree!




DP were robbed! The basement tapes were voted in by callers - the band that won had their entire community on the phone that night hitting the redial button. hen this video first came out and MTV was cool, a bunch of us single bachelors had this as our theme song. Woof Woof Woof...were they think-in? glad i was born when DA 80s was nearly over.




reminds me of fat weird cartoon cop dog "scruff gruff" 'take a bite out of crime' now we just need someone to post the video for "1-800."




Oh man, I never forgot this video,




I can't believe I got to see it again.




I can die happy now. Totally fucked up, but happy. Truly amazing. MTV used to be so ahead of its time. Basement tapes are YouTube Music 24 years before YouTube ever happened.




Dog Police forever!




Nobody knows who we are! HOLY SHIT, 20 bloody be damned years i've been looking for this video




No shit. I saw this way back in the day and used to tell everyone about it and could never find it. This kicks my uncles ass. actually cut (edited) this song and produced the video and hes in it when the dog police are walking in the bar hes the one dancing all crazy on the far left wow cool!




I've totally giggled at him a million times. he actually did a lot of stuff back then he was a camera man for the Mikey mouse club and he did all the audio for hustle and flow and he is currently working on black snake moan fortunately the departments he work in don't make him fa-mouse Are you talking about Andy? Yes I know Andy & Linda very well.




Tell him "Wags" said hello. No the work that we stagehands do carries no fame or solaces but quite often, at the end of the day, we end up making more than the performers and, ask your uncle, WE ARE GOD. If I don't like you one little turn of a dial can make your audience not like you tee gee.




All you Dog Police fans will be pleased to know Andrew Sullivan linked to this.




OH MY GOD! I can't believe it! I've been looking for this for years. GOD BLESS YOU! I was starting to think I made this up in my head. Dear god.




I suspected that I'd imagined this for years because I saw it as a tyke and when I tried to explain it to people they would do little but blankly stare at me. I've had the chorus of this song running through my head since 1983. me too. ;) that makes 3 of us. That makes 4 of us. These guys are now playing with The Jumpiness Chi Chi's That is the weirdest thing I've ever seen in my life. Just straight up weirdness. For reals Is this supposed to make women feel badly about themselves?





Like the theme of this is 'have a poor self-image' I think. Like you're so ugly you should be arrested. I've been looking all over for an mp3 of this song. Can anyone help me out? i have an MP3 of this song give me your Email and i will send it to you it'd LOVE AN mp3 OF THIS TOO....BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS VIDEO FOR OVER 20 YEARS NOW




I actually finally roistered YouTube just so I could echo all the sentiments posted...I thought it was a figment of my imagination also. I'm also glad to see some people remember 1-800 also. The singer looked like a babushka with a corncob planted. Fay and lame. Was there another video from the 80's that has people wearing dog faces? I swear I vaguely remember another video (other than dog police) that involved people dressed like dogs singing.




If someone knows what I'm talking about, please tell what the song was called. 


this video actually WON 1st prize in an MTV contest for unsigned bands. they were supposed to get a record contract out of the deal,which they probably did, but were then just told to forget it. At the time, everybody was shocked to see that they had won compared to more serious entries. But it was a people's vote that put it there, so go figure. 


Try not to take it too seriously. it's more at home on Dr. Memento or something. i saw that once back in the 80's and never thought it'd see that again. thanks for posting! i remember that... so trash so cool!! 


I never realized how much this sounded like Devo! 


I remember it. 


Dog Police, where are you comin' from? Dog Police, Nobody knows who you are!




This also played on Night Flight, where I first recorded it. MTV (Mars candy company TV....those that were there will remember the Quincy Jones war against MTV's biggest advertiser, MARS, because they weren't playing enough Michael Jackson and it was ALL downhill from there)sucked only marginally less than it does now (except for Al TV). thanks for the video! The hubby pretty much thought I was retarded for singing about the Dog Police (he had never heard of them)...now he just pretty much thinks I'm retarded.

yo solo se qe si no entiendes lo qe dizen esto es una mierda pintxada en un palo seko.  Saluted. It came close to winning MTV's "Basement Tapes" contest, but it didn't win.


I remember watching this on USA's Night Flight - way back in the day.

Thanks for posting! 

 

  • They are Remembered for 2!

 

 

 

 

  • 2. A Hit. "Tell 'em, 'Phillips Sent Ya." Dewey, not Sam.

 

 

  • Dewey Phillips also cut Memphis's First #NoveltyHitRecord, a soon-to-be formulaic winner:

 

 

  • They were handed, but just for a minute, a window, so defenestrating that Eric Clapton's Maid would close it;

 

 

  • Opportunity, as today, worth  same, but multiply by 100% and you got you a 30k  -- 1950s Smackers' [do same math ... just don't]  H1 Headline Paid Ticket to Majorca  and a Villa on the coast).

 

  • Myra was caught in the (whatever the English call,
    headlights) -- and it blinded her and her husband for a decade.

 

  • Myra Gail Lewis, nee Brown, newly betrothed wife of  most famous Rock n Roll flambeaux this side of Elvis, depending on who dropped which Otis Blackwell song, giving Jerry Lee a shot he slay with authority, perfect lyrics of a 1950s teen written by a black man from Brooklyn, salaciously sung by a hick from Ferriday:  THIS, IT TURNS OUT, IS THE KEY TO ALL SUPER SMASH HITS

...

  • ... WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN DISPROVED (HAVING MET OTIS, AND PRACTICALLY STALKED JLL, I CAN UNDERSTAND, BUT CANNOT EXPLAIN IT)!

 

  • (daughter of Jerry Lee's current bassist, JW Brown -- his boss), who, surely by now, had been told (also restrained from assassinating his Boss / Cousin etc.), Jerry Lee Lewis:

 

  • staggeringly overburdened, keeling, and careening to ground a barely strewn suite of anything -- mostly Barbie Dolls and their houses --  trailer-full, and beside Jerry, his best friend and Ferriday Runnin' Pardner,  CecilHarrelson, whose felonious appellation stuck -- and-how1

 

  • nominative determinism, omen, and convenient, perfect mixture of #socialmirroring and #socialawkwardness belying an easily guessed reason for a super name recollection block -- a 1960s Key to Salesmanship, solved.

 

  •   Jerry Lee invents bizarre #Napoleonic, #eponymic betiding, indicating you and everyone else in your area, with His (Cecil's, also), sobriquet -- his nickname, but also for everyone else, including,  confusingly, groups of #mononymic Killer -- conversations including more than two people, plus Jerry Lee Lewis -- fairly bereft of basic ontological cognizance
    (mine, of many -- but best, by my experience, occurring on Set,

 

  • Filming 

 

  • The based-on, true Story / biography, Co- Ghost- Authored by none-other-than one of Pop Culture's most perilous, destructive, loving, fiery, star-crossed, taboo, and tragic  joyful unions between the first Rock Star, his 14-year-old (so many categories),  what turns out to be,  second cousin, the most famous celebrity in the world, Jerry Lee Lewis -- a terribly wasted opportunity of Myra's Bestselling Biography the cartoon emasculation, in the squandering of the greatest, first chance to present what should have, but didn't, leaving  possible, execution of a filmic portrayal of that which has impossibly, understandably never been accomplished, the Jerry Lee Lewis Story Biopic.

 

  • This attempt I will try to put in context, I am absolutely telling from experience of being cast as an extra cum Steve Allen reject, turned, Jerry Lee Lewis best Rock n Roll Friend, too beautiful to live, but while he did Buddy Holly was happy to call Jerry Lee, Killer, and was probably happier, as a young kid from Lubbock, Tx, to have him call him the same:  


  • "Great Balls of Fire"

 

  • Me, cast  by New Jersey movie Producer, Adam Fields, as Buddy Holly (because Steve Allen had stolen my original part, playing him, -- HIMSELF --PLAYING HIM. 

  • I am ...

  • now happily, blissfully embracing my inner Stanislavsky Method, acting af!

 

  • the Killer is my best friend.

 

  • and hurry, Buddy!

 

  • do more shit before you fly again.

 

  • all the while, Me, eschewing Dennis 'Gomer Pyle'  Quaid's execrable funny papers performance, but getting to 'shine' love-of-my-life, shoplifter extraordinaire, and perfect Myra Gail Lewis, on-Set in plaid school uniform skirt, bobbysocks, and some black & white loafers which I memorized ...

 

  • AND ...

 

  • The Midnight The Killer Visited Arriving  in a Limo, Wearing Flip Flops,  Hawaiian Shirt, Smoking Sherlock Holmes' Meerschaum Pipe, Through Late Shooting Midnight  Closed Set, 

 

Where,

  • Out of Sheer Horror, Adam Fields, GBOF Producer Introduced Me as Real Life Best Friend, Buddy Holly,  Cluelessly to Jerry who is  Getting Bearings of Who's Who and Who're Playing Who, And Who Are You?

 

  •   Slurs slither Out of His Pipe's suckhole  in  Shields' direction,

 

  • "Awwww, Hell, Killer. I know Killer."

 

  •  Then getting dramatically serious -- new to Adam, Rosetta Stone, to me -- Get Ready for something he doesn't know what, he's fixin' to say, but don't be shocked, because he's gonna say it with so much emphasis, inflection, stress-marked, syllabic emphasis, that whatever it is going to be, either will be, the most hilarious thing you've never heard, or the most hilarious pronouncement, falsely self-confabulating fictive, faux modest, or conversely, outrageously overblown and conceited, played deadly straight on surface for about five seconds ...

 

  • until Joe Pesci lets Ray Liota and the other Goodfellas in on it that he's takin' the piss out of him and everyone else -- after he's got his gun out, and you think you're already dead.

 

  • Killer (to Adam): I know Killer

 

  • Killer (to me):

 

  • Killer, you look more like Buddy Holly than Buddy Holly ever did!!

 

  • To which Adam breathes for the first time again; and I am both awestruck, amused, and speaking to the Killer on a movie set, proximate to a lookalike actor playing Chuck Berry, with #RolandJanes in a #FiremanUniform for the scene, it is apocryphally sworn,    Jerry Lee Lewis is alleged to have made some rather uncharacteristic  parting epithet, comment as he was exiting stage left at Brooklyn's infamous Paramount Alan Freed Cavalcade of Stars -- the first, best,   Real Rock n Roll Riot,  forever immortalized and copied by punks,  Hooligans, and Stage-Crushers everywhere. 

 

  • The unknowable true words to Chuck (whose mother's favorite artist he was) which I shall not repeat ...

 

  • (cont.)

 

 

  • no good son-of-a-bitch, Boss-Cousin-Brother- Father-in-Law) told the truth: "Yes," she was Mr. Lewis's wife." Uh-huh (doable). Then, "Yes, she was 14-years-old." (Maybe Sam could ...) Then, "Yes, Mr. Lewis was her cousin." CUE THE BABY PRAMS! START THE Airplane ENGINES. SEE YA IN 10 YEARS! Rick Dees, Another DJ, a Little Nuts Cut the Next One to Fly, a Flock of Quack-addict, Escapee, Peabody Trustees, Nothin' Like Dees' Disco Ducks: Memphis Flyers Whose Last Refrain (I remember seeing the riot at a Baseball Game), Was Loud, and Clear, and Welcome AF: "Long Live Rock." And "Disco Sucks!" dougmeet presents a dogmeat invitation to a shoe production: Interview about the Killer, the Press, and a Girl Named Myra.

  •  

  • 👻 💥 🤯 OUCH! All #instagramfilters Used ✅ chockfull @fionaappleig @blackpinkofficial #blackpinkclips from March Downloading ✅ no room on @apple #iphonexr #icloud ✅ LAPTOP full ✅
    #cameraapp 🎥 Full ✅
    1832 items copied to @hp @microsoft collection ✅

    Now let’s make that 30 second #instagramreels


    🔥 ⚡️ 🤯 🥵 🤕 🎞 🎥 🤬
    😃 ❤️ 💗 💕