11.09.2009

Dear Dave the Spazz and Ken Friedman, Because there were no police around...Jan 25, 2007

"Jane Aldridge" SNAILTRAIL "SNA...Image by WhatGetsMeHot Mrjyn via Flickr


Dave the Spazz

Music To Spazz By in Max Mon Amour on the Radio


Nov 30 Dave the Spazz will DJ at a benefit for the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation at the Trash Bar, 256 Grand Street b/n Driggs and Roebling, Brooklyn. It'll be an All-Out Dance Party Fundraiser for the Foundation's Team Challenge Program.9pm -12 am. $6.


Ken,

could you pass thighs around to Dave the Spaatz, lix berg, keep one for yourself, and any other jocks who might dig it (Everyone except Michael Shelly, the only DJ I've ever run across on Facebook who objected to having musical videos tagged with his name in my regular free subscription Facecloth Service). thanks...i put it on YouTube at http://youtube.com/whatgetsmehot channel. and do you think you could talk one of the guys Alan Fr$$d-style into giving my new blog address http://whatgetsmehot.blogspot.com a plug. I'll send along something appropriate to sweeten the plug-pot. I had to move from the old http://visualguidanceltd.blogspot.com because something happened on October 8th (it may have been me hotlinking my entire removed cached YouTube Channel in an impotent but satisfying act of protest after it was pulled directly resulting from a spiteful 'OS' Celeb Ericka Eiffel (the one who married the Eiffel Tower), who 'objected' to my uploading of a certain clip involving some PG-13 Fence-Humping which the OS community has been protective about keeping under wraps (yes, the same Objectum Sexual you're thinking of who you watched on Tyra last month). Anyway, all the best


Davespazz@aol.com

date
Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 2:18 PM
subject
because there were no police around, i wrote this email to you. if you serialize this on your fmu blog, please give me final edit. thank you, m
AND YOU HAD ME AT I'LL DO THIS FOR FREE.



  1. Dave the Spazz the Ponderosa Stomp! May 18, 2006

     edit / delete
    May 18, 2006 featuring a wrap-up of the Ponderosa Stomp!
    to #1 shows WFMU RnR CLASSIC Country Archive ... 17 hours ago



If you'd like to make good on our agreement, feel free to make me a dupe of that tape. I'm still a Jerry Lee fan (went down to his birthday party in Memphis in 2000 and attended his PBS taping last fall) and even though you only showed me that video once I still recall how insane it was. I'm not a collector of records or video, but I have some crazy stuff on DVD that you might be interested in. I could toss that in the mail to you to show there's no hard feelings.

Best,

Dave the Spazz
c/o WFMU
PO Box 2011
Jersey City, NJ 07303-2011


https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=7f8fe91048&view=att&th=1102ba31733937c5&attid=0.8&disp=inline&zw
i can't believe you're cool enough to play backtrail, which i just saw by googling otis blackwell. i've listened to your show and liked it, but c'mon, that's too cool. May 9, 2002. i was in a band called our favorite band which released an album on big time/praxis in '87, and we were this close to putting our version on it. i met ob in new york when i moved there in the 80s and got to see him perform in brooklyn in about 89 or so, and it was, along with james brown at the lonestar, and jerry lee with linda gail, of whom i later produced the album, international affair on new rose in 91, and the rediscovery of jimmy scott via that huge voice article, when he played weekly at the new lonestar, right up there with my all-time fave shows. i have a few ob records on tape, having stopped collecting records years ago, and i never get to listen to them anymore, so i can't wait to play it for my girlfriend. and if you want to play something really obscure but relatively modern, my band's record, i can send you one. but i'm not sure if you ever play newer stuff. we do cover funnel of love by wanda, though.

WhatGetsMeHot
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]