2.18.2018

Herbert Singleton (1945 - 2007) RIP (he would have murdered Antippas the day the cash dried up)

Herbert Singleton (1945 - 2007) 

 
PLEASE NOTE:


If you wish to
sell any of Herbert's work purchased
from Barrister's Gallery, or elsewhere, please contact
us and I will help you find a buyer. Because I have
been Singleton's dealer and friend for over 15 years,
I am most familiar with his carving and painting
techniques and can provide you with a document
certifying the authenticity of your piece.

It came to my attention eight years ago that,
unhappily, while I was in the complicated process
of moving thousands of pieces of inventory from
Royal Street in the Quarter to what is now my
former location on O. C. Haley Blvd, in 1999-2000,
unscrupulous, pernicious dealers acquired pieces
which were unfinished and subsequently augmented
and painted by others--an enterprise, apparently
that began even earlier—I have already tracked
down six of these forgeries. It has also become
apparent that another New Orleans carver has tried
to emulate Herbert's style and subject matter and
already passed on some of his own work as Herbert's.
Put your mind at ease, or go get your money back.

contact the man who knows the story: 

https://www.facebook.com/alan.boudreaux.35

to read the convoluted self-aggrandizing confusion go here: http://www.barristersgallery.com/singletonrv.html