4.11.2012

B.J. Head for Romantic Times

Heading for Romantic Times

This year I'm taking the train to the Romantic Times convention. I have a sleeping berth and I'm excited at the prospect of my first train ride since the 4th grade.

A passenger train comes right through my small Montana town and stops for passengers. We don't have a depot, everyone just sits in their vehicles until the train comes. It makes a quick stop, passengers board and it's off again, headed for North Dakota and all points east.

31674_127937147217781_127936587217837_330259_6943453_n

The trip will take 24 hours. I board in the afternoon and reach Chicago the next afternoon. You can see why I got a sleeping berth. I had room 2, but the other day AmTrak called and said there was a room change. They were putting me in #13. I had to smile since 13 is my lucky number, but obviously not someone else's.

I'm looking forward to the RT convention. It is a wild and crazy place with lots of people and lots of things going on. I will be doing a workshop, a panel and signing my book CORRALLED. The best part is that I will get to see writer friends, some of whom I haven't seen for several years.

And, of course, there will be parties. While it is a fun break from my "real" life, I will also be writing during my down time.

So if any of you are going to Chicago, please stop by the signing and say hello!

Heading for Romantic Times This year I'm taking the train to the Romantic Times convention. I have a sleeping berth and I'm excited at the prospect of my first train ride since the 4th grade. A passenger train comes right through my small Montana town and stops for passengers. We don't have a depot, ...» more Dogmeat