11.07.2009

Sense and Sensibility Movie Gowns

Sense and Sensibility (film)Image via Wikipedia


Sense and Sensibility Movie Gowns:















I wish I could get a better look at this evening gown.
Marianne's blue pelisse is
like Elinor's brown one.
Side view. Back.
I want to try to replicate this dress. Here is the back.
Side view here.


Marianne's Lunardi
hat looks wonderful
on her! I found some like it here.
This open pelisse is really interesting. Click here for the
hat and here for back. Here
with Willoughby. More views
from Costume display in
Bath here . Close up here.
The back of the pj is unique. Long view here. Very romantic pj's!
What a neat riding cape. See the back?



Let's look a this dress closer.
Long view here. Check out
how long the train is!!
OH! My cousin just sent me
this. Now wipe
the drool off the screen.
Beautiful gown. Sleeve
detail can be seen here.
It is such a pretty dress
here is another look.
And here.








Elinor's pjs are much more
practical than Marianne's.
This shot is what Ang Lee
is good at. Here and
here are publicity
shots. Back of the dress
and a long view. Notice
the tie at the
neckline and the tie
at the back?
Very pretty classically inspired gown. Must be a front opening gown. No closures can
be seen on the back.
Edward's hankie.
Does his heart
really belong to
Elinor?


Elinor's open pelisse looks like it is the same pattern as Marianne's. Here is a close up from costume display in Bath.
Printed day dress. I only
remember seeing
this dress once.
Does the skirt pin on?
It is a shame you only see
this riding outfit once.
Shawl.


I like the blue and white wrap.
Nice white day dress.
Alternate view here and l
ong view. A black
ribbon was added for
mourning. Here is the back
of the gown (no ties).
There appears to be a
tie in the neckline.
Blue and white checked
day dress. Here is the
back long and up close.
Notice the tie?
Brown gloves.
Regency flats.






I do not like this character
so I do not mind catching
her with a silly look.
This light colored Spencer has
lovely collar trim. Here is the turban.
Fanny's dress for the wedding. Here is the turban.
Ick! What a yucky
green day dress.








Widow's attire.
More widow's attire.
I think she is wearing a cape over a pelisse.
This brown dress
looks comfortable.
See it again here and here.

I think this one is
dark purple.
This Lundari hat is huge!
Here is a long view
of the pelisse.






I love the necklace on
this one. Look closer
at the sleeve.
It is a shame you only see this
cloak once.
Here is an alternate view
of this green evening gown.
This brown plaid pelisse looks warm. Here is
the same hat.


Look closer at the sleeve
from this evening dress.
and tiara.
Here are her shoes.





This dress is a little
too foofy for
my taste.
I only remember seeing
this one once.
A long view of the day
dress can be seen here.















Where have we seen this before?



Cape and Lunardi hat.
Evening dress.
Here is alternate view.
White day dress. Here is a
long view that shows
her boots.
Plain blue day dress.
Here is the back.
I could not get a good picture
of the red boots.





This dress caught my eye the first time
I saw the movie.
Ah, Miss Grey. I wish
I could see this dress better.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]