11.25.2009

(MP3) Johnny Cash's Daughter Rosanne Talks About Afterlife, Turkey and Grief!

The afterlife

I don't know. I've gone over a lot of different scenarios of what might happen after we die. Anything from, it's just lights-out, you're in the ground, it's over, no sense of consciousness whatsoever, to the opposite extreme, that we're in the dream world, and they're the ones who are awake. Lately I tend more towards that. I think that the physical plane is so dense that we can't perceive them—that we're just dense, our senses are too dense to perceive them, but that they exist in a higher vibration of some kind, where they don't need the body or the senses anymore, and there's love, and there's still learning, and growth of some kind. I hope that's true. I've had some experience that makes me think that they're around.

Before, you said that the relationship with your parents continues. Does that depend on the answer to the question, "Where are they now?"

No. In fact, even if I believed it was lights-out and it was just over, I would still think the relationship continued, because I've internalized them. When I was making Thanksgiving dinner, I was all about my mom. I was doing things like my mom would have done. I just felt her presence, I got out her cookbook, she was there. A couple of years ago, I went to hear Al Gore speak, I got in the taxi, and my dad's cologne was in the taxi. I had that scent in my nose through the whole speech, after the speech, so sometimes I do think that they are around. But like I said, even if there wasn't any feeling of that, the relationship would still continue.